My 2016 Highlights

Noob Boost

Noob Boost

By boosting this video, it'll be moved to the "Featured Vlogs Videos" section on the Vlogs page where it'll get much more exposure. Select how long you want this video to be featured.

Allow 24-48 hours for your order to be processed.

74   163   194.9
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
FreakShack
Composed Commander
My 2016 Year in Review. 2016 has been an interesting year full of exciting adventures, new possessions, and many incredible memories. I've put together a little recap of 2016 highlighting many of my interesting adventures. Thank you all for being a part of it.

This is my 2016 year in review video. My 2016 highlights. My life in 2016. No matter what you call it, 2016 was definitely an adventure. 2016 took me to Los Angeles, California not once, but twice, including some time at Disneyland. I explored and hiked many of the trails at Mount Rainier, and I explored North Cascades National Park for the first time. I took a 2-day trip to Oregon, and I traveled to Washington, D.C. for 5 days for a national journalism conference, where Edward Snowden Skyped in and I was able to tour the U.S. Capitol building. Now 2016 has come to an end. 

Let's make 2017 better.

Music remixed by DJ Quads

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated and discussion is encouraged. This isn't exactly a VLOG, but it is a montage of my previous vlogs, so I guess it counts.

Comments

17   34   46.7
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
mikeandmyboys
Crappy Cadet
This review video was very well made! I love the music choice and love the way you edited these things together! I also like the first screen and ending screen with all the videos collaged together. Love the stats of subscribers to 1 new cat. Haha. Awesome video!
74   163   194.9
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
FreakShack
Composed Commander
(12-30-2016, 06:32 PM)mikeandmyboys Wrote: This review video was very well made! I love the music choice and love the way you edited these things together! I also like the first screen and ending screen with all the videos collaged together. Love the stats of subscribers to 1 new cat. Haha. Awesome video!

Thank you very much. I'm a big Whitesnake fan, so I was very excited when I found a remix that can be used on YouTube without a copyright claim and that would appeal to viewers that are used to hearing remixed music in vlogs and videos. 

The first screen took me so long to make, so I'm glad that you liked it. I actually made this video 3 times before I was happy with it. Each time I uploaded it as an unlisted video, had a close friend watch it, and then I would delete it and start editing again. Most of my videos are rush edited, and I think one of my goals for 2017 is to spend more time editing.
28   86   110.9
Award Fame Send Message
Limp Lieutenant
OurGeekyFamBam
Limp Lieutenant
Cool idea to do a montage video of the year! nice work. You have visited some stunning places...I think its time for you to invest in a drone!
74   163   194.9
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
FreakShack
Composed Commander
(12-31-2016, 05:44 AM)OurGeekyFamBam Wrote: Cool idea to do a montage video of the year! nice work. You have visited some stunning places...I think its time for you to invest in a drone!

Thank you. I traveled more in 2016 than I ever had. Unfortunately, I may not travel as much in 2017, but I'll still be out hiking and stuff around my state and we may do a few road trips. 

I have always wanted a drone, and I still do want a drone. Most of the places I visit don't allow drones, so that would be a problem, but it would still be cool to have one. I don't see it happening though. I have enough to buy a Mavic Pro or a Phantom 4 right now, but with my transfer to a 4-year next year and stuff I don't know if it would be the best decision. But, you never know. I could always cave this summer...
54   191   226.5
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
heydanking
Composed Commander
Hey, fun recap video!!  Great music, the adventures just kept coming, and I was excited to see what would happen next! I will say that it felt just a bit long for a review video with no talking ... but it did keep me watching until the end.  Keep creating!!

Oh, how did the tab to pop up on the left corner during the video (I can't figure out how to do that!)?
77   235   311.7
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
RoyJohnson490
Composed Commander
Awesome song to put this montage to. The clips featured in this montage was just absolutely breathtaking. I could tell you accomplished a lot of incredible things this year. Give you props for that. Yeah, just an overall awesome video. Hope your 2017 is just as awesome if not more so.
74   163   194.9
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
FreakShack
Composed Commander
(01-02-2017, 09:21 AM)heydanking Wrote: Hey, fun recap video!!  Great music, the adventures just kept coming, and I was excited to see what would happen next! I will say that it felt just a bit long for a review video with no talking ... but it did keep me watching until the end.  Keep creating!!

Oh, how did the tab to pop up on the left corner during the video (I can't figure out how to do that!)?

Thank you. It was definitely a bit long, but I was proud that I was able to cut it down from the original length. My first draft of the video was 10 minutes long. I know that they should be about 2-3 minutes instead. Perhaps next year. 

What tab are you referring to?

(01-02-2017, 10:18 PM)RoyJohnson490 Wrote: Awesome song to put this montage to. The clips featured in this montage was just absolutely breathtaking. I could tell you accomplished a lot of incredible things this year. Give you props for that. Yeah, just an overall awesome video. Hope your 2017 is just as awesome if not more so.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I'm hoping that 2017 will be a better year, but as of right now there really isn't anything big planned.

2   8   16.5
Award Fame Send Message
RagingLeopardStudios
Total Noob
It was an interesting video. You definitely needed commentary.  It would have made the video stronger if you explained where the different video clips were taken.
54   138   183.4
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
goodoldmat
Composed Commander
Hey you seem to have had an interesting year. I think this video should have had a part at the end where you talk about some your highlights or maybe just some overall feel for the year of 2016. Besides that, good job.