King's Cross, Platform 9 3/4!

Noob Boost

Noob Boost

By boosting this video, it'll be moved to the "Featured Vlogs Videos" section on the Vlogs page where it'll get much more exposure. Select how long you want this video to be featured.

Allow 24-48 hours for your order to be processed.

9   24   34
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
Yintrospection
Crappy Cadet
This is the first vlog I've ever done, and I have done about one every other day since I posted this because I am traveling right now! I know next to nothing about vlogging because I thought I wanted my channel to be just about pre-prepared topics shot in my house, but I'm enjoying it and am considering making vlogs a permanent part of my channel. What can i improve to integrate them successfully? Thank you!

Tara

Comments

28   86   110.9
Award Fame Send Message
Limp Lieutenant
OurGeekyFamBam
Limp Lieutenant
This was awesome! We absolutely love everything Harry Potter. Well done on the video, and kudos to you for taking the detour, it was the right decision! Also commented and liked on YT!
9   24   34
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
Yintrospection
Crappy Cadet
(12-24-2016, 03:16 AM)OurGeekyFamBam Wrote: This was awesome! We absolutely love everything Harry Potter. Well done on the video, and kudos to you for taking the detour, it was the right decision! Also commented and liked on YT!

Ooooh thank you! Seriously, HP is one of the best things ever!
20   72   96.6
Award Fame Send Message
Limp Lieutenant
HerbDino
Limp Lieutenant
Yay, platform 9 3/4! I went to a HP shop in Florida (they have a little Harry Potter world) and it was packed but so, so cool. I think it was supposed to be like Ollivander's wand shop?

For your first vlog, you certainly seem comfortable talking to the camera in public. I'm still way too shy to do that.

I think keeping them between 3-4 minutes is a good idea as well. It's the perfect amount of time to get a taste of traveling.

Hope you're having fun still!
9   24   34
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
Yintrospection
Crappy Cadet
(12-26-2016, 04:37 PM)HerbDino Wrote: Yay, platform 9 3/4! I went to a HP shop in Florida (they have a little Harry Potter world) and it was packed but so, so cool. I think it was supposed to be like Ollivander's wand shop?

For your first vlog, you certainly seem comfortable talking to the camera in public. I'm still way too shy to do that.

I think keeping them between 3-4 minutes is a good idea as well. It's the perfect amount of time to get a taste of traveling.

Hope you're having fun still!

Thanks Sage! You know, I just pretended I was talking to my cousin who watched everything I do and follows my writing religiously. Also, I think it helped that I was somewhere other than where I live. I thought "No one knows me, so it doesn't matter who's watching." I am trying to hold onto the attitude- I fly back to LA tomorrow! Still having fun haha, time to see if I can keep up all of this upon returning to regular life! <3
74   163   194.9
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
FreakShack
Composed Commander
This is your first vlog? You're so great at talking to the camera! It looks like a really fun adventure at King's Cross. I'd love to see the Platform 9 3/4 and the Harry Potter stuff, but I probably never will. 

That big building with the clock tower at 2:33 looks incredible. Wow. Why can't the west coast have stuff like that?

I really enjoyed this vlog. It seemed to be the perfect length, and you did a great job having a conversation with us. The only thing I wasn't a big fan off was the stabilization because it makes the screen wobble. I don't know what your unstabilized footage looked like, though. It's only a small thing. I loved your video.
9   24   34
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
Yintrospection
Crappy Cadet
(12-30-2016, 02:26 AM)FreakShack Wrote: This is your first vlog? You're so great at talking to the camera! It looks like a really fun adventure at King's Cross. I'd love to see the Platform 9 3/4 and the Harry Potter stuff, but I probably never will. 

That big building with the clock tower at 2:33 looks incredible. Wow. Why can't the west coast have stuff like that?

I really enjoyed this vlog. It seemed to be the perfect length, and you did a great job having a conversation with us. The only thing I wasn't a big fan off was the stabilization because it makes the screen wobble. I don't know what your unstabilized footage looked like, though. It's only a small thing. I loved your video.
It is, and thank you! Yeah all my other videos were very....composed. I set the camera up in my house, had a small script to look at if I forgot what I was saying. This one was so spur of the moment, it's lucky I even had my microphone with me. I just saw that I was near it and was like HOLY CRAP my cousin and a few friends will be soooo stoked on this, I gotta film. And then I filmed almost every day after this for like...22 days because I was traveling in Britain, and when you travel, you have time and the mental space to do things like film what's going on around you! 

The buildings in Britain are amazing, and I felt that way especially upon returning home. :(

Will you explain stabilization? All of my vlogs this month are wobbly because I am just holding my iphone out in front of me, lol. I have been trying to think how to make it better! I have a small tripod but sometimes you have to hold it instead of set it somewhere because you're moving. Any suggestions?
74   163   194.9
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
FreakShack
Composed Commander
(12-30-2016, 05:49 PM)Yintrospection Wrote: It is, and thank you! Yeah all my other videos were very....composed. I set the camera up in my house, had a small script to look at if I forgot what I was saying. This one was so spur of the moment, it's lucky I even had my microphone with me. I just saw that I was near it and was like HOLY CRAP my cousin and a few friends will be soooo stoked on this, I gotta film. And then I filmed almost every day after this for like...22 days because I was traveling in Britain, and when you travel, you have time and the mental space to do things like film what's going on around you! 

The buildings in Britain are amazing, and I felt that way especially upon returning home. :(

Will you explain stabilization? All of my vlogs this month are wobbly because I am just holding my iphone out in front of me, lol. I have been trying to think how to make it better! I have a small tripod but sometimes you have to hold it instead of set it somewhere because you're moving. Any suggestions?
It almost looks like either you or YouTube added some sort of a warp stabilization to your video, which makes your footage wobble a little bit. I'm not a fan of using stabilization in vlogs because I think it distracts the viewer every time the screen wobbles, but for some clips it really does help reduce the abrupt shakiness that occurs when you're vlogging. I've started using it in Premiere Pro more often with my environmental shots.

My videos aren't very stable either when I vlog, and I haven't exactly figured that out either.
9   24   34
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
Yintrospection
Crappy Cadet
(12-30-2016, 09:17 PM)FreakShack Wrote: It almost looks like either you or YouTube added some sort of a warp stabilization to your video, which makes your footage wobble a little bit. I'm not a fan of using stabilization in vlogs because I think it distracts the viewer every time the screen wobbles, but for some clips it really does help reduce the abrupt shakiness that occurs when you're vlogging. I've started using it in Premiere Pro more often with my environmental shots.

My videos aren't very stable either when I vlog, and I haven't exactly figured that out either.

Ohhh how interesting! I do use YouTube capture, so maybe it is an automatic feature in it. I will have to do some research. Thanks so much! So glad you liked the video too. :)
15   29   41.6
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
LeggLife
Crappy Cadet
So cool! Love that you went out of your way to see it. We would too! We're going to Paris in May and we've actually considered a shore trip to London to see some of the Harry Potter sites! 

Thanks for showing the store and Platform 9 3/4.