Snow Sledding on an Island in the Pacific?!

Noob Boost

Noob Boost

By boosting this video, it'll be moved to the "Featured Vlogs Videos" section on the Vlogs page where it'll get much more exposure. Select how long you want this video to be featured.

Allow 24-48 hours for your order to be processed.

54   191   226.5
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
heydanking
Composed Commander
After a week of being sick and stuck in the house I decided to celebrate the snow (and hitting 500 subscribers) by grabbing a sled and hitting a very small hill in Parksville to have some winter fun!

Plus, some tips on the subscribe and notifications features on youtube.

Let me know what you think (oh, and I tried a light blue color adjustment on the entire thing ... thoughts?)

Comments

74   163   194.9
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
FreakShack
Composed Commander
Hey there Dan. Nice vlog. It's been crazy how cold and snowy it's been here on the west coast. We've had two snow days south of Seattle, but that's about it, which is more than the last two or three years!

Your vlogs are always so well made, and your dialogue is compelling and interesting. I really should watch them more (although, I have watched 3 or your last 6 videos, particularly the Seattle ones). Congrats on 500 subscribers.

My favorite winter activity is snowshoeing in the Cascades!
28   86   110.9
Award Fame Send Message
Limp Lieutenant
OurGeekyFamBam
Limp Lieutenant
Great Vlog Dan. I especially liked the different clips at the end when you were sledding, as I know that took you some time setting up. Very clean video!
8   50   67.7
Award Fame Send Message
Limp Lieutenant
TheGonzFamily
Limp Lieutenant
Nice video, Dan :) We've started getting into the habit of mentioning the change with the notifications feature when we close our vlogs out and take an extra second to remind people to click the bell icon to turn on notifications. I think it's really too bad that YT did this, especially right as we are starting our YT journey, because I think it stands to have a pretty negative impact on overall views for a channel, especially smaller ones. I guess time will tell!

We just got our first "real" snow storm here in southern NY and my boys and I had a blast sledding, having a snowball fight, etc. It was 54* F the next day so it didn't last long but it's only December and we tend to have fairly snowy winters so I'm sure more snow fun isn't too far away for us ;)
- Drew/Momma Gonz  [Image: noobred_heart.png]
54   191   226.5
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
heydanking
Composed Commander
(12-19-2016, 12:00 PM)TheGonzFamily Wrote: Nice video, Dan :) We've started getting into the habit of mentioning the change with the notifications feature when we close our vlogs out and take an extra second to remind people to click the bell icon to turn on notifications. I think it's really too bad that YT did this, especially right as we are starting our YT journey, because I think it stands to have a pretty negative impact on overall views for a channel, especially smaller ones. I guess time will tell!

We just got our first "real" snow storm here in southern NY and my boys and I had a blast sledding, having a snowball fight, etc. It was 54* F the next day so it didn't last long but it's only December and we tend to have fairly snowy winters so I'm sure more snow fun isn't too far away for us ;)
- Drew/Momma Gonz  [Image: noobred_heart.png]

I think the change is good AND bad for smaller channels ... but time will tell. My subscription count has been stuck on 523 for almost a week - first momentum stop I've had - so that taints my opinion a bit for sure.  Talk to you soon!
20   72   96.6
Award Fame Send Message
Limp Lieutenant
HerbDino
Limp Lieutenant
Ah, fish!

Really loved that shot of the birds flying in the blue sky. It had a cool effect.

Ah, yes, the confusing subscribe/bell thing. I haven't brought that up on my channel yet, but I might? It would be interesting to hear from you at some point whether or not it's helpful in making sure people see your videos.

Did you have a Go Pro for going down the hill? That looked so fun!
54   191   226.5
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
heydanking
Composed Commander
(12-26-2016, 06:25 PM)HerbDino Wrote: Ah, fish!

Really loved that shot of the birds flying in the blue sky. It had a cool effect.

Ah, yes, the confusing subscribe/bell thing. I haven't brought that up on my channel yet, but I might? It would be interesting to hear from you at some point whether or not it's helpful in making sure people see your videos.

Did you have a Go Pro for going down the hill? That looked so fun!

I'm a bit frustrated with the subscribe / unsure thing actually. I have some personal friends who have had to re-sub because they were just dropped all of a sudden. Lost a bunch today too. Grrr.  

In other news, I actually used my DSLR for the downhill bit ... it was a very short hill because I didn't want to hike up too far to film all the angles!  LOL
17   34   46.7
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
mikeandmyboys
Crappy Cadet
As always Dan, love your choice of music and style of editing. Love the timelapase at the beginning. Also, great engagement with the camera.
54   191   226.5
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
heydanking
Composed Commander
(12-30-2016, 06:29 PM)mikeandmyboys Wrote: As always Dan, love your choice of music and style of editing. Love the timelapase at the beginning. Also, great engagement with the camera.

Thanks mate ... appreciate the feedback!  I've got a new one coming on Monday with a bunch more conversational content in the second half, so check that one out too!
39   90   199.7
Award Fame Send Message
Limp Lieutenant
thefamilymixx
Limp Lieutenant
Hey Dan! Its been a while! Good video brother.. I felt like it should have been a bit longer though, its so beautiful there!!! Chill music, good choices!