It Started with a Phone Call

Noob Boost

Noob Boost

By boosting this video, it'll be moved to the "Featured Comedy Videos" section on the Comedy page where it'll get much more exposure. Select how long you want this video to be featured.

Allow 24-48 hours for your order to be processed.

7   9   17.8
Award Fame Send Message
gregbowes
Total Noob
After receiving a depressing phone call Greg heads out to the parking garage to work off some steam. With the help of his roommate and friend they exact justice on a broken toy.

Comments

4   31   83.7
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
LynngateDrive
Crappy Cadet
This was a well thought out video. It was totally worth watching until the ending. But to be honest, I felt like the first scene was too long and could've been edited to suit the tone without boring the audience. The audio needs to be better as well, for I could barely hear most of the dialogue in the parking garage. Besides those issues, good vid man.
7   9   17.8
Award Fame Send Message
gregbowes
Total Noob
(11-08-2016, 12:32 AM)LynngateDrive Wrote: This was a well thought out video. It was totally worth watching until the ending. But to be honest, I felt like the first scene was too long and could've been edited to suit the tone without boring the audience. The audio needs to be better as well, for I could barely hear most of the dialogue in the parking garage. Besides those issues, good vid man.

Thanks and appreciate the suggestions!
4   31   83.7
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
LynngateDrive
Crappy Cadet
(11-08-2016, 03:15 AM)gregbowes Wrote: Thanks and appreciate the suggestions!

No problem man, glad I could help you!
38   188   238.6
Award Fame Send Message
Composed Commander
Ange39nz
Composed Commander
This was beautifully acted with some really interesting visual shots. I enjoyed this! The sound quality will improve over time with some fancy schmancy equipment but most of us can't afford that right away. I think it worked well for the amount of dialogue. You guys compensated for the sound by speaking clearly and I could understand every word. This was really enjoyable to watch :)
71   15   53.9
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
JAYVEETEE
Crappy Cadet
Hey,

This was a very interesting concept that had a decent amount of technical problems. I really like the music and the last scene with the car smashing is somewhat enjoyable but there are things that can definitely be improved. It almost seemed like you had this idea to just smash an RC car, then tried to build a story around it.

Unfortunately the story was a bit weak and I had a hard time staying interested throughout the video. Because of the slow pacing, and the lacking setup, this never really felt like a comedy. Just a short film. Which is fine, but there is definitely a lot that can be done to spruce it up. 

The camera quality isn't bad but the editing and audio quality definitely needs some work. The angles and the way everything is chopped up makes it feel very amateur-ish. Learning a bit more about cinematography and editing will help you for next time! And obviously there are problems with the audio, but I'm sure that will improve with better equipment. To avoid poor dialogue recordings like this, you could have easily made this entire short funnier and simpler by having no dialogue exchanged at all. Just visual story telling.

Anyway, I hope this helps and best of luck!
17   38   58.7
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
ElliottBros
Crappy Cadet
I watched your video and enjoyed it however can not provide any advice as this theme is out of my own creative abilities. I do look forward to watching your videos tho - Keep up the great work!
32   84   115.1
Award Fame Send Message
Limp Lieutenant
LifeOfTeel
Limp Lieutenant
I was so sad for you all up until your smashed the car! What a change of pace! looked like the time of your life other than not getting the job! great job on the video really loved the story. the music was very fitting to how it seemed you were supposed to feel while watching it.
11   45   74
Award Fame Send Message
Crappy Cadet
EricJon
Crappy Cadet
I loved it from front to end. I liked the time and effort you put into the script and flow of the video. The music gave it a very professional and well thought out feeling. The silence in certain areas actually built to the punchlines instead of taking away from them. You have a real interesting way of telling a story. One tip I will give is that in certain parts you cut out the sound entirely so when you brought the sound in, the ambient noise came in first. I would try to use something like audacity or another software to remove that background noise. Other than that I could not find anything else wrong with this video. Great job and keep em coming!